Crushable version of Style 357 for use in irregular or worn Valve stems and bores. Super-conforming packing. High Temperatures don't bother it. High Chemical resistance.
Braided flexible graphite with high purity carbon/graphite filament yarns
A dense version of braided flexible graphite with effective placement of high purity carbon filament yarns to resist extrusion and aid in bending around tight radii.
- Style 396 operates successfully in valves except knife-gate configurations (see Style 333).
- Within the established temperature/pressure/pH parameters, adding additional rings allows 396 to fill previous shaft scoring.
- Style 396 has also been successful in rotary applications where flush free, leak free performance has been desired.
- May be used on valves with anti-extrusion bullrings (see Style 333) for exposed clearances and very high pressures.
- Most effective at controlling fugitive emissions.
Irregular or worn valve stems. High temperature rope packing. Chemical resistant.
- Graphite - Exfoliated
- Rotary & Reciprocating
- Valve & Reciprocating
Surface Velocity in FPM
Non-Oxidizing Temp in Fº
Valves, High Temp, Crushable Packing
5 is Excellent and 1 is Marginal. This chart is provided as a guide in selecting the packing material that best meets your application needs. The listed ratings assume average conditions of rotating equipment, adequate flushes, and use of product within published parameters.